[The Cafe Protest: Part 1] Shakshuka

So my closer friends would know that i've been on a cafe protest recently; essentially, i refuse to patronise cafes anymore because of their insane prices that render disappointment in their food. While I'm undergoing this passive-aggressive fad of mine, I've decided to attempt to cook cafe food in my own kitchen. That's right, I'm going to prove that you don't need to spend $24 on a plate of substandard eggs and bacon.

My first dish is a classic shakshuka. It has three perks: one, its name is so exotic and incomprehensible that people will think you slogged your guts out executing this complicated dish. Two, it's actually pretty much foolproof because its such a simple dish. Three, it gets extra love for how ridiculously photogenic (and instagram-worthy) it is.

Shakshuka is actually a dish from the Mediterranean; it translates to poached eggs in a spicy tomato base. I'll have to work on the eggs though; it was more well-done rather than over easy. But i'm sure i'll get it right the next time.

Take that, you daylight robbers.


Recipe here







Comments

Popular Posts