[The Cafe Protest: Part III] Macaroons

A brief introduction on The Cafe Protest:
(So my closer friends would know that i've been on a cafe protest recently; essentially, i refuse to patronise cafes anymore because of their insane prices that render disappointment in their food. While I'm undergoing this passive-aggressive fad of mine, I've decided to attempt to cook cafe food in my own kitchen. That's right, I'm going to prove that you don't need to spend $24 on a plate of substandard eggs and bacon.)

Okay so this one is sort of a cheat: Macaroons are not typical cafe food. In fact, i only see them in high end tea shops like TWG or posh little boutique cafes like Bakerzin. But I've always felt it gnawing at my soul that such a tiny cookie sandwich could cost as much as $3. I mean, its practically one mouthful.

I can't deny that i love them though; these little diva of cookies took me two failed batches to get right. That, and an aching arm. Maybe its because of their terrible high maintenance that they cost so much... And considering the fact that you can't really eat two or more macaroons at one time.. The Cafes might have won this round.

Recipe here




Comments

Popular Posts