Love


My first love, my present love, and although we've only been a couple for a year I would say that we could be soulmates. I struggled for a long time to understand what 'love' is, and have slowly come to realise that it is so much more than a feeling. It is commitment, not only for the present but for the future that both of us envision together. It is loyalty and communication and a whole lot of patience and care ("how was your day?"), and refusing to go to sleep until we've sorted out those squabbles. It is how you remind me to drink water and how I buy $1.60 muji planners for you that you never use. Love is a two way street that i never want to reach the end of with you.

You're abroad now and I miss you like crazy but I'm looking forward to spending a whole new year with you again this 2017(:

The lights are shining and so are you 
I love your knack for languages and how you can tell me you love me in 5 tongues, your asian eyes, love for grey t-shirts and our multiple cooking disasters.
How you take photos of me holding random things at random moments
How you sunburn easily and how I'm always at least 3 shades fairer than you
I love the way you smile and how find my hiccups the funniest thing ever
Thank you for loving me through my cramps and pms and sickness and on days where i feel like rubbish
Conquering all the pizza places we can find because it's our favourite food
I'll love you for as long as you'll allow me to(:
X


Comments

Popular Posts