against the current


These few weeks have been impossibly busy: i've been pushing against the current; finishing up tasks i should've completed three weeks back (all hail the post-sorrows of procrastination), going out every single day, and working. Oh and let's not forget packing for my trip this coming friday- I can't wait!

Thankfully, I've managed to squeeze in some cafe hopping two days back with a good friend of mine. We paid a visit to Rice and Fries for lunch, followed by dessert at Craftsmen Specialty Coffee. I've taken a major appreciation to Cafes in the East, since most of them are about 20 minutes away from my house, tops.

Below: The set lunch at R&F for $9.80 which includes a drink, soup of the day (tomato) and an entree (Rosemary chicken and fries/ Grilled fish with rice/ Squid pasta). I was surprisingly pleased with my Rosemary chicken, or rather the food in general because i've come across a couple of reviews dubbing the food as mediocre. The chicken was tender and moist, and the fries were very well-seasoned. Two thumbs up!

Rice and Fries
484 Changi Road
sg419896



Okay so i suppose you can't always have it good in life. Dessert at Craftsmen was rather meh for me. Partly because i'm not that big of a dessert fan and that i'm not exactly the biggest coffee lover around. It's bitter and it prevents me from catching sufficient Zs- i guess the only thing i appreciate about it is how ahem, instagrammable its latte art is (make way, superficiality coming through).

We had the gula melaka waffle ($13.80) and an affocado ($7 give or take). An affocado is basically two shots of coffee poured over a scoop of ice cream. I didn't mind the waffles, except that i disagree that one should incorporate gula melaka over a waffle topped with salted caramel ice cream. Vanilla would've been better; the flavours would've been less confusing. The nuts on the fluffy and yet crisp waffle was a major plus for me though. X

Craftsmen Specialty Coffee
#01-01, Siglap V
2 First Street




Comments

Popular Posts