friday ramblings // first time leaving home in forever



I'm here again instead of working on my article submission for the publishing house I'm freelancing for, which is somewhat (if not completely) illogical considering I'm not actually paid to ramble on about my personal life here. Still. A procrastinator's got to do what a procrastinator's got to do.  

Yes, having gotten my knee busted up it was truly heaven's grace that i landed this job allowing me to work from home, nearby cafes (as long as there's earl grey and a steady stream of wi-fi going on) or even the library. It won't surprise you when i say the option i exercise most is still my trusty old bed. The next best thing about my job is still the media invites, and i've got a couple of them lined up for upcoming weeks. It's not exactly the same as the glorious GLORIOUS Japan trip i'm supposed to be on right now, but i'll take it. When Life gives you Lemons right? 
Go figure. 

Here are the most eventful peaks of the last week, which is to say 2 days in total since i've been stuck at home elevating my knee and sleeping insanely long hours due to the medicine they put me on. So below you have: my friend Courtney's farewell gathering at Percolate Cafe and Nakhon, the Japanese meal that i cooked from scratch (miso soup, katsu-don, and wakami salad) and AVFC (in which i didn't fence: refer to the casualty photo for substantial proof of our immobility).  
Besides the heinous use of parentheses ( ) in this post, i'd say the biggest sin i've committed today is the fact that i'm still here writing instead of my next article. I'd also like to mention that Percolate's super chill and warm vibes are amazing for late night gatherings and Courtney we'll miss you lump loads when you leave for Australia. 

Till the next post. X






Comments

Popular Posts