[The Cafe Protest: Part II] Eggs Benedict

A brief introduction on The Cafe Protest:
(So my closer friends would know that i've been on a cafe protest recently; essentially, i refuse to patronise cafes anymore because of their insane prices that render disappointment in their food. While I'm undergoing this passive-aggressive fad of mine, I've decided to attempt to cook cafe food in my own kitchen. That's right, I'm going to prove that you don't need to spend $24 on a plate of substandard eggs and bacon.)

Eggs Benedict
{breakfast}
An American breakfast dish that traditionally consists of two halves of an english muffin, topped with ham or bacon, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce.

To this day, I have eaten an Eggs Benedict 11 times. I love it so much; the rich yolk with the even richer and creamier Hollandaise in the morning is enough to make my whole day.  The only (major) downside is that it costs an average of $16-18 at any cafe or restaurant, and the guilt i get from spending that much on an egg breakfast is a total spoiler to my enjoyment of the dish. So naturally, i thought that this dish would be the most fitting for part two of my cafe protest.

If you can't beat them, join them, right?
Thankfully none of my cooking escapades have ended in a total glorifying disaster yet. #braggingrights
Recipe for the Hollandaise sauce here

Steps:
Make the hollandaise sauce and set aside.
In a medium pan, fry one clove of garlic with two brown mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of oil.
When the mushrooms are just about done add in a cup of baby spinach and 2-3 halved cherry tomatoes.
Toast your buttered bread or buns in a toaster (i usually have it at 65 degrees for 10 minutes)
Poach an egg (this will take a lot of practice, you can watch a video here)
Assemble your breakfast and drizzle hollandaise all over your overeasy easy egg.
Serve.



Comments

Popular Posts