Round About The Christmas Tree

It is that earnestly awaited time of the year again - while studying for finals i resisted the urge to play Christmas songs (it was one of those motivational things; i get rewarded with christmas songs AFTER i worked hard for finals) and now Dean Martin's Baby its Cold Outside is playing loud, proud and guilt-free. We don't have a lot of space at home, so my mum makes do with arranging christmas lights and plastic hollies on the drawer tops, which disguises our wifi router most artfully, i must say. No tree this year, but presents are present and I feel thankful all the same. I just bought ruth and hannah something called "shopkins" which apparently is on every little girl's wish list this year and makes me wonder exactly how many unfamiliar toys have graced the shelves of Toys 'r' Us since I was nine and persuaded my dad to buy me polly pocket's swimming pool with water slide!" edition.

Ah Christmas, it really takes you round.


Comments

Popular Posts